The original Platypus® water reservoir that became a backcountry classic, the Hoser™ is an ultralight, minimalist hydration system that delivers taste-free hydration with a versatile, durable design that makes it great for backpacking, thru-hiking, and day hikes. Updates include a new self-sealing HyFLO™ bite valve that delivers a 30% increase in flow rate, making it quicker and easier to hydrate on the go.
- Drink on the go: New simple, one-piece, self-sealing HyFLO bite valve makes it quicker and easier than ever to hydrate hands-free with a 30% increased flow rate.
- Easily transportable: Integrated hang/carry loop makes it easy to secure the reservoir in a backpack or elsewhere.
- Pure Platy experience: All materials are certified taste-free, BPA-free, BPS-free, and phthalate-free.
- Funk-free: Embedded silver-ion protects reservoir from mold and bacteria.
- Versatile: Threaded port and 1/4" diameter drink tube make it easily compatible with accessory caps and adaptors.
We also carry some spare parts for your Platypus Water Bladders which you can find here!
- Capacity: 34 fl. oz/1 Liter
- Weight: 3.20z/0.09kg
- Width: 5.2in/13.5cm
- Length: 11.5in/29cm
- Film: Polyurethane / Polyethylene
- Spout material: Polyethylene
- Bite Valve Material: Silicone
- Country of Origin: Made in the U.S.A. of U.S. and Imported Materials
How do I clean my hydration system?
Hand wash your hydration system using warm or hot soapy water. Using the Platypus Cleaning Kit helps access tough to reach places.
For deeper cleaning:
- Per litre volume of your hydration system, add ¼ Cup of baking soda to ¾ Cup of water and shake for 30 seconds (e.g., for a 2L hydration system use ½ Cup of baking soda with 1 ½ Cup water).
- Add ¼ Cup lemon juice per litre, close and shake 10 seconds, then vent by opening hydration system away from face.
- Re-seal hydration system and repeat shaking and venting three times. Expel as much air as possible, close hydration system, and soak for 20 minutes.
- Dump solution and rinse hydration system three times with hot water.
- Caution: When adding lemon juice to baking soda, effervescence occurs and will cause pressure to build in a closed Platypus product.
How do I dry my hydration reservoir?
In general, it is optimal to prop or hang hydration system reservoirs upright to dry—this allows moisture to evaporate and escape upward.
Another great way to dry a hydration system is with a plastic bag dryer, widely available at kitchen supply stores and numerous online retailers.
Is it okay to freeze my hydration reservoir with water in it?
Yes. To do this, add water to your reservoir, being careful to not over-fill (fill no more than ¾ full—water expands as it freezes; it can burst your reservoir if you over-fill it). Purge all air and then lay your reservoir flat in the freezer overnight. Remove and enjoy a steady source of cold, refreshing hydration as the water melts!
Also, did you know that you can occasionally skip cleaning your reservoir by storing it in the freezer? It’s as simple as rinsing the whole system with fresh water, then placing it in the freezer until the next use.
Platypus Hoser Drinking Reservoir 1.0L 10856